Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Electrics

One of the main things that needed to be done was the electrics.  I like to wire my bikes from scratch, so I came up with my own wiring diagram based on the components I wanted to use, which includes an Electrosport reg/rec, a kz440 coil, and lots of ATM fuses.  I'm using the stock taillight housing but I'm gutting it and putting in a Radiantz 1.85" LED cluster.  I've used these before and they're bright as hell.

Here are my diagrams (updated 5/17/16):




My main bike-building background is chopping up 70's Japanese bikes which are cheap and plentiful, so I'm usually not so concerned with modifying stock parts or tossing them all together, but these beemer parts seem to be made of gold so I choked a bit when I started altering the headlight bucket (a '73 r75/5 bucket, which came with the project).  I first gutted the headlight and put in an R65 H4 reflector and lens.  I also took out the stock ignition switch and dremeled out the key way so that I could use a Harley style barrel key switch.  I'm not using turn signals so I decided to put a momentary button in the turn indicator hole for the starter.  I had to dremel that out a few mm's as well, but I think it will all look pretty trick when it's done.  The speedometer is out for repair at North Hollywood Speedometer and when that gets back, I'll post a pick of the whole set up.



No comments:

Post a Comment