Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Done and To Do

I'll admit, I'm not as far along as I would like, but I've amassed pretty much all the parts I'll need.  Now it's just a matter of spending time in the garage.  I've also been working simultaneously on a '75 CB550 cafe racer, so I've been splitting my time.

Things Done:

-I ordered new stainless header pipes from Epco.
-I'm trying desperately to get a title (I bought it with a bill of sale).  Pennsylvania is not an easy state in which to get a title!  My current plan (I'll describe more about my failures and how this plan goes in the future) is to petition the court for a declaration of ownership.
-Speedo/tach is out being rebuilt by North Hollywood.
-I've rewired the headlight (pics to come)
-I've got all the electrical components ready all the way down to the connectors I like to use.
-I've got new tires and tubes waiting along with a bunch of small parts from Benchmark Works.
-I bought a 12 cell Ballistic Lithium Iron battery.  These things are tiny and weigh nothing!  It'll fit perfect where the stock /2 battery went, but I'm still going to weld up a small battery box.
-Fixed some small dents in the tank

Things to Do:

-Get the front end straightened.  I've got 2 forks but both are tweeked.  One of them has to be sent off to California for straightening.  I'll try to get this organized this weekend.
-Make the battery box
-Change the tires
-Weld on the coil brackets
-Strip the bike down, sandblast the frame and paint it, and soda blast the engine
-Clean the carburetors.
-Get the tank boiled out, the cross-over tubes brazed shut, and then Redkote it.
-dimple the frame so I can get to the 3rd oil filter cover bolt (I'll do a whole post on this too).

The engine was supposedly rebuilt about 5 years ago, so we'll see how well that was done.  I'm hoping it fires up and goes!

I think that more or less gets me up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment