Monday, May 28, 2012

Tires and Soda Blasting

Today I put on 2 new Heidenau tires using my Harbor Freight tire changer and a Mojo Lever.  These went on pretty damn easy, which was a nice surprise. 

I also soda blasted both wheels, the final drive, the front brake hub, and all the engine covers.

Really all I have left mechanically is to finish the wiring and put on new brake shoe liners.  Then I'll button it all up and see if it goes.  I'll probably not break it down for paint until the end of the summer.

I got my tank back from the radiator shop, I wanted them to braze the crossover tubes shut.  I told them to red kote it while they were at it, just one less thing I'd have to do.  But, they forgot to braze the holes!  I could have red koted it myself, all I really wanted was to have the holes filed.  It'll go back tomorrow.

I'm also waiting on some stainless headers from Epco.  He really takes his sweet time.

1 comment:

  1. Please contact me as I just purchased a /2 conversion and I think I live near you :-)

    Mac Kirkpatrick
    Glenmoore, PA
    drbeemer73@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete