Saturday, October 25, 2014

Roller!

I finished shimming, greasing and installing the wheel bearings.  It's all pretty straight forward.  I made a tool (a length of copper pipe) to keep the bearing stack together, heated the hub and slipped the stacks in.  I've got the newer wheel nuts with the rubber seals, so I replaced the seals.  I also swapped out the old inner felt seals with rubber ones from Benchmark Works.

 I ended up not replacing the wheel bearings - they looked almost new.  I just cleaned them with kerosene and brake cleaner and repacked them. Late last night I  realized I had put all of the top hat spacers in wrong on both swing arms, so I went out into the garage in my pj's and pulled the swing arms and fixed them.  Luckily, I didn't need to replace the seals.


I also installed the center stand and did a video about installing kickstand springs:


Tomorrow I'll fit the fenders and tank just for fun and also set up at least the rear brake if not the front as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment